Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Recipes, Zombie tips & Kevin Smith

Ok so here goes this blogging thing...You may be wondering why the zombies and Kevin Smith, yes the actor and drirector Kevin Smith of Jay and Silent Bob fame. Well that is simple, my best friend David introduced me to the world of Askeview and the Jay and Silent Bob movies about a year ago. I became a little o.c.d. with them, from " An Evening with Kevin Smith to Clerks 2. I would randomly quote various things this incredibly tallented and funny man would say and my loving and patient wife asked me one day if Kevin Smith was gonna be living with us since I just wouldnt shut up. I told her we had a second bedroom.
Zombies on the other hand, well... One can never be too prepared for the Zombie appocolypse. I havent yet gone as far as rationing and hoarding food caches and water and fuel supplies. Mostly cause we dont have the room for it. Though we do have a standup freezer now...hmmm, anyway, I figured I would just watch as many tacky zombie movies as I could, to learn what not to do. As well as how to survive. I will do my best to post useful survival tips with the bloggin updates.
Recipes however as something I do have some actual practical knowledge of. Being a chef does have its advantages. So here ya go.
Zombie survival tip : Decapitation, when in doubt remove the head. You choose your own method here ie: shotgun, chainsaw, tnt, logging chain hooked to a wrecker wench. Its about creativity and practicality, you use whatcha got.
For you BBQ guru's and Grillin Comandos a good mop, that yes I have made and it works wonderfully.A side not for the recipes, I wont put any recipe on here that I have not tried, or made myself. How else could I know it works ? If the recipe came from someone other than me I will be giving the props to the respective person as is the case with this Beer Mop.
Beer Mop

12 oz beer
1/2 cup cider vinegar ( apple )
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup oil ( corn or canola )
1/2 onion chopped small
2 each garlic cloves choped but NOT minced )
1 TBSP worchestershire sauce
1 TBSP All purpose dry rub from above recipe

Combine all in a saucepan, bring to a boil, then keep warm, but not a boil

Yileds 3 cups: best on chicken, pork, and beef

courtesy of Exec. Chef Ian Tarica

2 comments:

JennV said...

Awwwww... How Cuuuute! Hubby's Bloggin! Now... there's this neat little tool... it's called spell check. LMAO!

LOVE YA!
Me

j said...

Welcome to the world of blogging. It is almost as addictive as Kevin Smith. AND all of your blog friends live inside of your computer - that leaves the spare open for Mr. Smith. A win win situation!

Love the Zombie tip - My hubby has a set of Wusthof knives (and I nearly lost a finger using one) so I guess I'll be prepared. ACK! Which knife should I use? I consult my husband :)

I hope you enjoy blogging!