Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Lazyness

Yes, yes, I know... I am not the bloggingest person in the world. I really need to keep up with this thing a little bit better. I have had a few changes in things. The biggest I reckon is that I'm now working six days a week. Love the money, but it is kickin my butt at times. I do have several bright spots coming up in the near future though. May is not only my birthday month, but it is Zombie recognition month. Fitting I think. We are doin a party in the first part of June for the birthday, since it works out better for the weekend since my birthday is the 31st. Next month Wifey and I will celebrate 13 yrs of marriage together. That's a long time y'all. Sometimes it feels like 13 days, sometimes it feels like 113 years, but ya gotta focus on the positive and we still love each other and have fun. That's what's important to me.

Ok, Zombie survival tip.

We have covered knowing ya surroundings, "head"hunting" heh, and stairs. Let's focus on weaponry. Be smart. you can only carry so much ammo regardless of how light it may seem. That doesn't mean no guns. By all means I recommend carrying a pistol. .45 cal outta do the trick just fine. No more than 2 rifles per team. Unless you are a sole survivor, then use the "catch and release" practice with rifles. Once your outta ammo, drop it and move on, pick up another one if you come by it. IMPORTANT TIP : If you pick up a rifle from someone, check to make sure it is loaded, and that you understand how to use it. Otherwise it is just another club with a sight on it. Swords... Impractical, that is unless you are Jet-li, or a trained Samurai. Chances are that you aren't so forget about it. Machette, now there is a practical and useful weapon that takes less skill, and is much cheaper. Rope, always useful, and a good hunting knife. Flare guns are multifunctional, they can be used to signal for help, but they can also alert your wearabouts to the Undead. Some feel that you could potential fire a flare into the face of an aproaching zombie and give it a good facial. I wouldnt go that far, but again, they have limited uses. Choose at your own risk. What ever weapons you decide on, know them, and know them well. Be sensible about your choices and remember you may be hauling them for 20 miles a day at a time. Choose wisely.

Remoulade Sauce:

24 oz mayonaise
2 oz capers, drained, rinsed, and chopped
2 oz cornichons, chopped
3 Tbsp fresh chives, choppes
3 Tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
1 Tbsp dijon mustard
1 tsp anchovy chopped
1/4 fl. oz worchestishire sauce
1 Tbsp parsley
tabasco sauce to taste

Source: Garde Manger The art and craft of the cold kitchen, Second Edition
The Culinary Institute of America

No comments: